- Mattress Guide
The OMI OrganicPedic Terra is a four-sided, 12” sculpted-surface pillow-top organic mattress. It starts with a 3” core of firm, supportive organic latex. The core is joined with two inches of softer latex on the top and bottom. All natural rubber layers are GOLS-certified organic and are finished with OMI signature OrganicPedic quilted cover.
A removable two-sided pillow top (3½” deep) — also made of GOLS-certified organic natural rubber latex — is then placed on the organic mattress. The pillow top is made with two surface options: OMI's exclusive sculpted surface on one side, and a flat surface on the other. This provides sleepers with maximum comfort and flexibility. The pillow top is fully covered with OMI signature OrganicPedic quilting and attached to the organic mattress with our exclusive “button-down” process.
- Firmness: Medium
- Depth: 12"
- Core: 100% GOLS Certified Organic Dunlop Rubber Latex
- Quilting: 100% GOTS Certified Wool quilted in between 2 layers of 100% Certified Organic Cotton
- Slatted Foundation: Solid Wood Slat Foundation With Certified Organic Cotton With Slats Spaced Out 3" Apart.
- Mattress Support Requirements: Solid wood slats spaced out 3" apart or Solid Wood Slatted Foundation.
- Sizes: Twin – King
- Warranty: 20-Year Limited Warranty
- Made in California, USA
The total shipping cost will be displayed at time of checkout before you submit the order. Orders shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada need to be calculated on a case by case basis so please contact customer service to request a shipping quote which would include Customs/Duties/Taxes.
Curbside Shipping (In USD):
- $125 flat fee curbside shipping per furniture piece.
- All mattresses and mattress sets will receive free curbside delivery.
When Will My Order Ship Out?
All mattresses and bedding usually ships out within 2-3 weeks. All furniture ships out within 13-14 weeks and rush orders ship out within 9-11 weeks.
- Crib mattresses, bedding, and accessories usually deliver within 2-5 business days.
- Furniture and mattresses usually deliver within 8-12 business days.
- Shipments to Hawaii, Alaska and Canada usually deliver within 14-18 business days.
White Glove Delivery Upgrade:
- The customer has an option to upgrade to white glove service for an additional charge where the delivery agent will take the furniture and/or mattresses off the truck, bring it inside into room of choice, unpack, setup and dispose of all packing materials. Please contact customer service at 877-476-2735 to request a quote to upgrade to white glove service. Due to shipping insurance liability delivery companies are not qualified to assemble cribs so it is the customer's responsibility to assemble the cribs.
What Should I Know About The Shipping and Delivery Of My Order?
- Furniture and adult mattresses usually ship via freight/LTL and will be delivered via curb side service where the delivery agent will take the furniture and/or mattresses off the truck and place it in front of the customer's home. The customer is responsible bringing in the furniture and/or mattresses inside their home and setting it up. The local delivery agent will contact you to schedule a delivery date that is convenient for you.
- All smaller items like pillows, bedding, crib mattresses and top of bed accessories will usually ship via UPS/FedEx ground. UPS/FedEx will deliver to your front door without an appointment.
UPS/FedEx Ground Shipping & Receiving Instructions:
- Customer service will email the customer when the order ships out. At time of delivery if the box looks dirty or torn please ask the driver to note it in his system when signing for the box and take photos of the box from all sides prior to opening. In the very rare case the contents inside got damaged then please call customer service to file a shipping damage claim and customer service will work on getting you the damaged items replaced ASAP.
Freight/LTL Shipping & Receiving Instructions:
- Customer service will email the customer when the order ships out. When the product(s) arrive at your local terminal then the local delivery agent will contact you within 1-2 business days to setup a delivery date that is convenient for you.
- At time of delivery, please open the box(es) and inspect all the items inside prior to signing the BOL (Bill of Lading) form they will give you, otherwise you will waive your right to file a damage claim later in the event that something is damaged inside the box.
- If the driver is not willing to wait for you to do an inspection, then write on the BOL form that the driver is not willing to wait while you inspect the furniture and/or mattresses and that further inspection is needed — this way you can preserve your right to make a claim if the furniture turns out to have indeed been damaged during shipping. Also, if the exterior of the packaging on the palette looks dirty or damaged, please make sure to also note that on the BOL form and take photos, as this is important evidence in showing that the furniture wasn’t handled properly. If you check off that the products arrived in good condition without doing an inspection then the shipping agent may consider you to have waived your rights to make a damages claim against them later.
- In the very rare case the contents inside got damaged then please call customer service to file a shipping damage claim and customer service will work on getting you the damaged items/components replaced ASAP at no additional cost to the customer.
If you need any additional help with your shipment please do not hesitate to contact customer service at 877-476-2735 Monday-Saturday 11:30am-4:30pm and after hours at 818-209-2957.
What To Look For and What To Avoid When Selecting A Mattress?
- All our organic latex mattresses are manufactured with 3 simple organic ingredients. The outer mattress encasement is quilted with two certified organic cotton layers and in between a GOTS certified organic wool (natural fire retardant). The core of the mattress support is made up only of 100% GOLS certified organic rubber latex or stainless steel spring.
- Made in the USA.
Certified Organic Cotton
Nearly all of the cotton grown today is GMO (Monsanto).
Certified organic cotton is honest goodness. All our organic latex mattresses only use highest grade, GOTS and Oeko-Tek certified organic cotton.
Conventional cotton is a poisoned crop. GMO seeds grown with carcinogenic pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, chemical fertilizers etc., Synthetic fabrics used on mattresses, like polyester or rayon, are really a brew of chemicals themselves.
Conventional mattresses are also treated with formaldehyde, flame retardants, heavy metal dyes, chemical washes, and softeners. Chemicals are added through-out this process to make the mattress wrinkle and shrink resistant, stain resistant, and flame-proof. None of this makes for a restful sleep surface.
Certified organic cotton is grown with a different intention. Our organic mattresses feel different to the touch. They breathes. Smells different. It looks pure, because it is pure.
GOTS Certified Organic Wool
All our organic mattresses use the highest grade GOTS certified organic wool. This meets all government safety standards for open flammability testing. The wool is woven inside the mattress. Wool also has the natural ability to help keep the mattress cooler and more breathable, lowering body temperature and heart rate.
Why Not Other Fire Retardants or Barrier Socks?
- Our mattresses do not cut corners by using chemical/synthetic fire retardants, fire barriers/socks or Kevlar bullet-proof string (made by Dupont) to pass the fire tests.
- We also don’t believe in PLA, a polyester. Hydrated silica fire barriers or “socks” are not clean or green and, may actually contain known carcinogens.
- We’ve burned a lot of mattresses (no fun) and indeed untreated organic wool, plus some good old-fashioned sewing know-how, absolutely does meet all fire safety laws. Mother-nature can do it all.
Why Not Natural Wool?
- There is a difference between organic and “natural” wool. Organic wool, unlike “natural” wool, meets GOTS organic standards for raising the sheep and for processing the wool.
- The sheep are never dipped in toxic pesticides, a process used with conventional wool that introduces known carcinogens and skin/eye/respiratory irritants. No chemical mothproofing, anti-felting, carbonization or other toxic chemical treatments are allowed in certified organic wool. No chlorine (which is used in cleaning natural wool).
- Organic wool retains a purity that few people have touched before. Although our organic wool is quilted inside the cover so you can’t touch it, you would be surprised to find how soft and non-scratchy it feels compared to conventionally-treated wool.
GOLS Certified Organic Rubber Latex
Our organic latex mattresses use onlythe highest grade of certified Organic Dunlop rubber latex. The Organic Dunlop rubber latex is tapped like maple syrup from organically grown rubber trees, except what comes out is creamy white milk. Biodegradable, sustainable and renewable, organic rubber trees remove tons of carbon dioxide from our atmosphere each year. Organic latex certification means monitoring and testing how the organic rubber itself is grown and processed, the avoidance of toxic chemicals, and fair labor standards.
Absolutely No Foams
- Our organic latex mattresses do never allow petroleum, polyurethane or memory foams, anywhere in our mattresses, because these are not only non-renewable resources, but contain unnatural added toxins that simply don’t belong in a bed.
- Some of these synthetics foams now come with “certifications” from private companies, but check out the fine print in terms of the “limits” allowed and you would be surprised.
Naturally Protective of You
- Organic rubber latex is naturally mold, mildew, bacteria and dust-mite resistant, which makes it popular with allergy sufferers, including those with asthma, eczema and multiple chemical sensitivities.
- Nobody needs all that pressure in bed. Organic rubber latex mattresses also create fewer pressure points than either innerspring or conventional memory-foam mattresses.
- Pressure points can cut off blood circulation and interrupt the vital flow of oxygen to your legs, arms and head, leading to discomfort and restless sleep. Less pressure points can mean a deeper, more refreshing sleep, and less pains in the spine and back in the morning.
Likes Your Body
- Organic rubber latex is unique in that it naturally contours to the body on contact. No need to wait for body heat to slowly “melt” the alien chemicals in your bed.
- Memory foam is typically made from the leftovers from gasoline production, a non-renewable resource and has various toxic chemicals that come with risks. Believe your nose. Run. The fewer chemicals we breath in, the better for all of us.
Less About Them, More About You
- Organic rubber latex also reduces motion transfer, so sleepers are less likely to be disturbed by their partners. This means that a person moving on one side of the bed is less likely to bother someone peacefully resting on the other side (but it won’t make your partner invisible so if that is what you are looking for, get your own room).
Heat Up Your Bed?
- Organic rubber latex can be many times more breathable than polyurethane or memory foam. If your mattress is too hot, it may be because synthetic materials, like polyurethane and polyester are heat magnets that do not breathe well. Air does not circulate as well in synthetic mattresses, which may increase body temperature and discomfort levels.
- An uncomfortable sleeper is bad in bed. Organic rubber latex with its peephole, breathing passages, not to mention organic wool, actually can help to regulate body temperature, decreasing the heat in a bed.
- While people typically think that wool in a bed would seem hot, wool radiates out heat, keeping you cooler and more comfortable year-round.
- Heart rates have been shown to decrease when wool is used in a sleep surface, helping with deeper and more restorative sleep cycles. So if your heart rate goes up, it will be purely by choice.
YOU HAVE NOW COMPLETED OUR COURSE ON MATTRESS BUYING GUIDE.