Features & Benefits
Changing from a conventional to an organic mattress can be the most important step in terms of limiting the number of toxic chemicals you or your family are exposed to on a daily basis. A person spends between 8 to 14 hours of their day lying on their mattress (depending on their age), thus, often the bed is the place you spend the longest, uninterrupted stretches of a day. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has concluded that much of our exposure to toxic chemicals actually occurs from inside our own homes, even if we live in cities with highly polluted outdoor environments. Conventional mattresses are a cocktail of highly toxic chemicals, including VOCs, which are volatile chemicals that emit as gasses from the mattress surface. When these gases are inhaled they pose serious health risks. In fact, studies abroad have implicated mattress chemicals in SIDS deaths in infants.
We spend 1/3 of our lives in bed, so an organic bedroom can be a vital component to improved health, not to mention better sleep. According to the EPA, most of our exposure to toxic chemicals occurs inside of our very own homes, with everyday furnishings “releasing pollutants more or less continuously” around us. In fact, the EPA warns that home furnishings pose a more serious risk to human health than even tobacco smoke!
Sleep is Natural. Our organic mattresses free your indoor sleep environment from the notorious chemical allergens, carcinogens and respiratory toxins found in other mattresses, relying only on genuine natural components that can be counted on one hand. So much of our out-door exposure to chemicals is beyond our control, but a sleep environement should be pure and reliable. No fillers, no synthetics, no hidden fire retardants, no plastics, no bulletproof threading or tape, nothing but the healthiest natural materials for promoting a much needed night's rest. The other benefit of the natural materials in this mattress is that they allow your body a deep rest with fewer pressure points for increased blood circulation and, thus, the vital flow of oxygen to your legs, arms and head. Natural materials, like true 100% latex, organic cotton and wool, lead to a deeper, more refreshing sleep cycle, and less pains and aches in the back, joints and muscles. There is nothing natural about pain, discomfort, or congestion.
- Made in the USA in factory dedicated to organic products.
- 100% Certified Organic Cotton Grown in USA.
- 100% Natural, American Premium Wool (Raised naturally & no chemicals/pesticides used to process the wool)
- 100% Natural Talalay Latex Made in USA.
- 33% More Pressure Relief than conventional synthetic memory foam mattresses.
- 3X More Breathable than memory foam or polyurethane mattresses.
- Naturally Hypoallergenic making it naturally dustmite, mold, mildew, bacteria resistant, ideal for those with allergies, asthma, eczema, nasal congestion & chemical sensitivities.
- 100% Natural, American Premium Wool is the Only Fire Retardant (No Kevlar Thread/Tape, Tyvek, Silica, Boric Acid, Phthalate Compounds, Tris, Chemically Impregnated Fire Retardant Fabrics, Cellulose, etc.)